Course Objectives: By the end of the semester, students will be able to: (1) integrate multimedia technology into the curriculum; (2) utilize multimedia technologies including the Internet, digital cameras, scanners, digital video, presentation software, and HTML editors; (3) understand the phases for developing multimedia projects: design, production and distribution; and (4) design student-produced multimedia projects.
Course Requirements: Access to York College Blackboard is mandatory.
- Quizzes are one to two questions long and are conducted at the beginning of every class. Quizzes are open book and are based on the previous evening’s reading assignment. They are available five minutes before the start of class and promptly end ten minutes after class starts. Quizzes will be graded PASS/FAIL and cannot be made up.
- Labs are started during class time and are often performed with a partner. You are responsible for the completion of the lab assignment by the start of the next class, with or without the input of your partner. Each lab is to be submitted to the instructor’s Digital Dropbox on Blackboard. Labs will be accepted up to one week late with a 50% penalty. Labs more than one week late will receive a zero regardless of reason.
- More than two absences OR three tardy days will result in failure of the course.
- Grabe, M. & Grabe, C. (2007). Integrating technology for meaningful learning. (5th ed.). Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin.
- Green, T. D. & Brown, A. (2002). Multimedia projects in the classroom: A guide to development and evaluation. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Additional Reading: Labs and links to additional required reading will be provided in class as well as on this blog and on our AC230 York Blackboard.
Mid-Term Exam 10%
Final Exam 15%
Grading Scale:Below you will find an outline of topics to be covered in this course.
A+ 97 - 100
A 93 - 96.9
A- 90 - 92.9
B+ 87 - 89.9
B 83 - 86.9
B- 80 - 82.9
C+ 77 - 79.9
C 73 - 76.9
C- 70 - 72.9
D+ 67 - 69.9
D 60 - 66.9
F 0 - 59.9
(Click on the picture to see a larger, printable view!)